How Do I Get Rid of Mold?

      It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust.  However mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present.  Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented and controlled by controlling moisture indoors.

​​Can Mold Cause Health Problems? 

      Molds have the potential to cause health problems, produce allergens, irritants and in some cases, potentially toxic substances.

      Inhaling or touching mold may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.  Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes and skin rash.  While allergic reactions to mold are common, they can be immediate or delayed.  Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold.  Additionally, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat and lungs of even non-allergic people.

Dust Mites 

     Dust allergy symptoms are similar to those of pollen allergies.  They include red, itchy, watery eyes as well as a runny or stuffy nose and sneezing.
Even though you cannot see dust mites, they peak during the warm summer months.  About 20 million Americans are allergic to these little bugs.  If you are one of these people, you may feel you have an endless cold or asthma.  Allergen Control can help diagnose your air quality and assist with getting those dust mites under control.

Moisture Control Is Key to Mold Control

     When water leaks occur indoors - ACT QUICKLY.  Wet, damp areas or materials that are dried 24-48 hours after the leak happens usually will not cause mold to grow.​  Keep indoor humidity low, ideally between 30 and 50 percent relative humidity.  Using a de-humidifier when needed.  Run the bathroom fan or open a window when showering.  Use exhaust fans when cooking and running the dishwasher.​

502-458-0600

Allergen Control BBB Business Review

MOLD REMEDIATION

     Our expert technicians not only rid your home of mold but they will also identify the cause of the problem.  Simply getting rid of mold will not prevent it from returning to your home if the moisture and air quality is not controlled.  Using our diagnostic equipment, we can find the root of the moisture or water problem and fix these issues during the mold remediation treatment.  We offer a cost-effective solution for your mold removal through direct spray and injection inside the walls instead of demolishing walls, doors or rooms.